The Embassy of Pakistan Bulgaria in collaboration with the Embassy of Pakistan Romania and Muslim Commercial Bank organised a webinar on Roshan Digital Accounts, on February 22, 2022.
For the first time in Pakistan’s history, Non Resident Pakistanis were being provided an opportunity to remotely open an account in Pakistan through an entirely digital and online process without any need to visit a bank branch. Opening these accounts requires only a basic set of information and documents and as we understand, and know through feedback from different Pakistanis, these accounts are being opened within 48 hours, which is, in itself, a remarkable achievement by all participating banks.
These accounts, which are being open in both local and foreign currencies, are now providing a number of facilities to Pakistanis abroad, which include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Providing digital access to all conventional account services including funds transfer, bills, fee payments, and e-commerce.
- Enabling Non Resident Pakistanis to buy car of their choice for their loved ones in Pakistan at attractive rates through Roshan Apni Car
- Providing the facility to pay for charities and donations in Pakistan using a convenient one-stop payment platform through Roshan Samaaji Khidmat
- Investment in shares and units of funds in Pakistan Stock Market or in units of mutual funds (Open Ended Scheme).
- Opening up investment opportunities in the Pakistani property market including both commercial and residential real estate.